Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tender Mercy Tuesdays!

I've decided to start a new thing on my blog called Tender Mercy Tuesdays. Every Tuesday I will post about one tender mercy that I have experienced/noticed sometime during the week. I feel it is important for me to take notice of those tender mercies in my life more often than I have been.

Previously I would just post a comment on the Tender Mercies page that I included here. The problem with that, however, is that I am not keeping it at the forefront of my mind, therefore I am not actively looking for those tender mercies that the Lord is blessing me with.

I will keep the Tender Mercies tab active on this page. It's new purpose will be to allow people the chance to directly access my Tender Mercy Tuesday posts without having to scroll through everything. Not sure how well this will work out, but we'll give it a shot. :)

Being as it is Tuesday, I already have a Tender Mercy for you. Last week I had a rather troubling rejection from a guy. I won't bore you with the details because, honestly, I'm over it, but I will tell you that the incident caused me to wonder about any and every other rejection I've had in the past. I tried to recall the things I had done leading up to those rejections and it wasn't long before I found myself questioning my own self image. This questioning of myself led me to worry about ever pursuing a guy again. Maybe there was something wrong with me, something that just screamed for guys to run as fast and as far away as they possibly could. Maybe I'm not as great or whatever as I think I am.

Sunday morning I was still troubled by everything. I decided to do what I always do and write about it in my journal. My sister and I went to the re-dedication of the Ogden Utah Temple, and since we got there early, I was going to take the time to do it then. However, before I got very far into the entry it was time to start, so I put my journal away.

The service was amazing and remarkably uplifting, in spite of my previously downtrodden mood. It was a wonderful little pick me up, though I was still troubled in the back of my mind.
It was during one of the talks that I had a powerful thought which would change my entire outlook on the situation. I can't recall who the speaker was, but the thought was simply this: it doesn't matter. The rejection, my unfortunate single status, none of it really matters.

I was blown away. So many times in my life I've obsessed over things that upset me, things that were of no real importance when liking at the grand scheme of life. I would tell myself that it didn't matter, it wasn't important, but until that moment, sitting in a chapel, listening to the Lord's servants, it never really clicked.

Yesterday, while on the train to work, I was listening to OneRepublic's new CD Native. One song in particular really helped to emphasize the thoughts I'd had on Sunday during the rededication. The song is called I Lived, and it talks about living your life, regardless of what the world around you is doing or saying. It talks about taking chances and not being afraid to do so.

It was like Heavenly Father wad telling me to keep dreaming, to just enjoy my life and stop worrying about the fact that I'm single. Take advantage of it and just live life.
It was exactly what I needed.

I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father who is so aware of me and what I'm going through. I'm grateful for his love and his mercy towards even the most imperfect of souls.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment