Monday, July 25, 2011

Parades and Clowns

Today I went to a parade. Yay! There were some awesome floats and the high school marching bands that performed were actually pretty good. Also got to see some sweet old cars with cute little old people driving them. One particular lady was super excited and waving at all of the kids sitting up in the front. She made me laugh.

There were three moto-cades that did demonstrations, a rather fascinating spectacle, especially when you realize that two of the officers are female (I wouldn't have even known if their hair wasn't hanging down their backs--they were all wearing mustaches).

The military men from our area went past as well and naturally, we all cheered for them. All of the service men and women in the parade had served at least one tour of duty, and many served two or three. It was inspiring to see all of the people standing to show their support. Loved it!

All in all the parade was fabulous. I didn't want to go at first (today was my day off, and I wanted to sleep in a little longer) but whatever. :P

Now, on to the second portion of this post: clowns. For as long as I can remember I have been frightened of them. I mean, can you really blame me after all of the horrible movies about killer clowns? Anywho, I had never really ever seen a clown in person, except for the time when Ronald McDonald came to my elementary school, and today was my first encounter.

Now, you would think that I would be less than thrilled about this experience, however, I found them rather enjoyable and I actually liked it. I must admit, however, that when Ronald McDonald came out with the McDonald's float, I was a wee bit unnerved. Honestly, I have no idea what it was, perhaps it was the full on body paint that left no room for one to see that behind it all was a normal person, maybe it was the blatantly red hair, I don't know. I have nothing against the man, in fact I am pretty sure that when he came to my school as a child I was rather thrilled to see him.

*shrug* I am just a big ball of weirdness I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment