Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Cloudy Days

Today's post for Project #becauseimhappy:

Cloudy days make me happy! #becauseimhappy#nature #beautifulmorning

I don't know what it is about cloudy days that I find so...beautiful, refreshing, and just purely wonderful. Maybe it's because the sky seems so alive when the clouds are there, moving along slowly, just waiting to give us the moisture they are holding. They are majestic. Nature is majestic, and I am happy that I get to experience it.

Something about rain. My mom loved the rain. I remember days when I was a child where we would sit together on our porch and watch the lightning storms, enjoying the smell and feel of the coming rain. 

Since her passing, there have been several times when I felt my mom's love in the rain. While I was in Ephraim I blogged about such an experience. My first summer in West Jordan I was going through a rough time. One day, while out with my friends, it started to pour rain, and I had the thought that it was like a giant hug from her.

I hope you all have a happy day. And if your day isn't going so well, just find a small thing to be grateful for. It's the little things that can really make a huge difference in our lives. No joke.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment