Thursday, October 13, 2011

Epimedium

WARNING This post may not be suitable for children. You have been warned.

Okay, so years ago while at work one of my co-workers brought an energy drink with her. We were examining the contents of said drink and one ingredient in particular stood out among the rest.

The ingredient was Horny Goat Weed.

I have always wondered exactly what the heck this ingredient was, what use it has, and where it got it's name. So tonight my roommates and I did some research. This is what we found.

The proper name for Horny Goat Weed is Epimedium. It is also known as Barrenwort, Fairy Wings, Bishop's Hat, and Rowdy Lamb Herb. It is an aphrodisiac that was, according to legend, discovered by a Chinese man who "noticed sexual activity in his flock after they ate the weed".

Don't ask me why I felt the need to post this. I really have no clue.

Some energy drinks that have this ingredient:
Socko
Crunk!!!
And something called Energy Drink Love Potion, or something like that.

For further information click the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epimedium#Medicinal_uses

No comments:

Post a Comment